The Natural Princess whips up one of the easiest sauces around.
Fresh basil leaves
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Clove (10 gm), chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (as required)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated
1. In a pot boil some water with salt in it to cook the pasta. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Into the food processor add the fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, salt, pepper and garlic. Pulverize the ingredients in the food processor and continue the process by streaming in the olive oil till you get the desired consistency.
3. Once done, using a spatula scrape the mixture out into a bowl.
4. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese into the pulverized ingredients and mix well.
5. Serve the basil pesto mixed with cooked pasta.
Though pesto is a sauce typically served with pasta it may be served with certain chicken or meat dishes as well.
In a mood of having something healthy, then Blended Basil Pesto is the perfect dish for you. This dish is made from raw basil which is very healthy. Chef Alicia does a fabulous job in explaining step by step on how to make this yummy dish.