Linguine Alla Carbonara
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook the linguine in boiling salted water in a large kettle. Drain.
2. Brown the bacon and garlic in a small skillet.
3. Beat together the eggs, salt, if you wish, and the pepper in a bowl until frothy.
4. Return the drained pasta to the kettle. Add the bacon, 2 tablespoons of bacon fat and the egg mixture. Toss the mixture over low heat with 2 forks until thickened, about 3 minutes; don't let the eggs scramble.
5. Sprinkle with the cheese and the parsley. Toss again to coat evenly.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 249.4 mg83.1%
Sodium 942.7 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet