Rosemary and Sea Salt Focaccia
|Plain flour||12 Ounce (350 Gram Or 3 Cups)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 Milliliter)|
|Dried yeast||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Lukewarm water||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Coarse sea salt||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast, then make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the water and 30 ml / 2 tbsp of the oil. Mix well, adding a little more water if the mixture seems too dry.
2. Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled in size. Knock back and knead the dough for 2-3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Roll out the dough to a large circle about 1 cm / 1/2 in thick, and transfer to a greased baking sheet. Brush with the remaining oil.
5. Halve the onion and slice it into thin wedges. Sprinkle over the dough, with the rosemary and sea salt, pressing lightly.
6. Using a finger, make deep indentations in the dough. Cover the surface with greased clear film, then leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Remove the clear film and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.