In this episode Dottie Shows you how to make Pizzelles.
1 Cup (16 tbs), softened
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
All purpoase flour
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
1. Preheat the waffle maker. Soften the butter in the microwave oven.
2. In a bowl, place the softened butter. Add sugar and mix well.
3. Fold in the eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
4. Put in the vanilla sugar and aniseed and keep mixing.
4. Add a little flour and baking powder.
5. Gradually add the remaining flour into the egg mixture. Mix well.
6. Spoon about a tablespoon of batter onto each waffle shell.
7. Close the lid and bake until brown and crisp.
8. Serve the Pizzelles with fresh strawberries and whipped cream as a dessert.
Pizzelles are destined to be a part of your Italian Christmas buffet table. Watch the video to learn how to make these traditional waffle- like, thin, buttery crisp Italian cookies. The only hard party about this recipe is that you will need a pizzelle iron.