How To Make Penne Pasta w/ Roasted Tomatoes
|To season the tomatoes|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon (As needed)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rest of the ingredients|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Cooked pasta||1 Pound, cooked, drained (Penne Pasta used)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (Drizzled on the cooked pasta)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Season the cherry tomatoes drizzling olive oil and sprinkles of coarse salt, black pepper and dried thyme.
3. Line your pan with foil (if not using a glass baking dish).
4. Place the seasoned tomatoes in the oven proof dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
5. After about 20 - 25 minutes, take the pan out, sprinkle a couple of tsp sugar and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar. Move the tomatoes around the pan a little without destroying them.
6. Place the pan back into the oven and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, Place a pot with cooked and drained penne pasta on the stove.
8. Drizzle some olive oil on the cooked penne pasta, add the roasted tomatoes, some chopped parsley and stir.
9. Heat it through for a few minutes, and the pasta is ready to serve.
10. Serve warm immediately.
2. Foil - If using any other baking dish (other than glass)
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg12.5%
Sodium 889.5 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet