This meal is super simple but the final result is amazing. The roasted tomatoes bring a unique sweetness to the pasta. To top it off it is very easy to make.
To season the tomatoes
2 Tablespoon (As needed)
2 Teaspoon (As needed)
Rest of the ingredients
1 Tablespoon (As needed)
1 Pound, cooked, drained (Penne Pasta used)
4 Tablespoon (Drizzled on the cooked pasta)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Season the cherry tomatoes drizzling olive oil and sprinkles of coarse salt, black pepper and dried thyme.
3. Line your pan with foil (if not using a glass baking dish).
4. Place the seasoned tomatoes in the oven proof dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
5. After about 20 - 25 minutes, take the pan out, sprinkle a couple of tsp sugar and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar. Move the tomatoes around the pan a little without destroying them.
6. Place the pan back into the oven and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, Place a pot with cooked and drained penne pasta on the stove.
8. Drizzle some olive oil on the cooked penne pasta, add the roasted tomatoes, some chopped parsley and stir.
9. Heat it through for a few minutes, and the pasta is ready to serve.
10. Serve warm immediately.
Things You Will Need
1. Glass oven proof baking dish
2. Foil - If using any other baking dish (other than glass)
When making pasta, you often look for quick and delicious change to the original recipe. If you do, watch this recipe for pasta with tomatoes. In the video chef shows very wonderful roasted tomatoes with penne pasta. You will enjoy it!!