Penne And Aubergine With Mint Pesto
|Penne||1 Pound (450 Gram, 5 Cups)|
|Walnut halves||1 Ounce (50 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|For pesto sauce|
|Fresh mint||1 Ounce (15 Gram, 1 Cup)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Walnuts||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram, 1/3 Cup)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, finely grated (40 Gram, 1/2 Cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut the aubergines lengthways into 1 cm / 1/2 in slices.
2. Cut the slices again crossways to give short strips.
3. Layer the strips in a colander with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes over a plate to catch any juices. Rinse well in cool water and drain.
4. For the pesto, place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, then gradually add the oil in a thin stream until the mixture amalgamates. Season to taste.
5. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, toss in the penne and cook for 8 minutes or until nearly cooked. Add the aubergine and cook for a further 3 minutes.
6. Drain well and mix in half of the mint pesto and walnut halves. Serve with the remaining pesto and walnut halves on top.