Linguine With Seafood And Chicken In Cheese Sauce
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), lightly smashed|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground hot red pepper||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Imitation crab meat substitute||8 Ounce, thawed according to directions (From The Freezer, 1 Package)|
|Chunk white chicken in water||10 Ounce, drained (Two 5 Ounce Cans)|
1. Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling water, following the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, saute the garlic in the butter in a medium-size saucepan until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat; discard the garlic.
3. Stir the flour into the butter in the saucepan until smooth. Return the saucepan to the heat. Add the half-and-half and the milk. Bring to boiling, stirring, over medium heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
4. Add the Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, white pepper and red pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring gently, until the cheese is melted.
5. Stir in the peas, crab meat substitute and chunk chicken. Cook over low heat until the sauce is heated through, about 3 minutes. Toss the sauce with the drained linguine and serve.