Tomato Frittata With Herbs
|For the frittata|
|Organic eggs||8 Large|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh oregano leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the tomatoes|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), finely chopped|
|Italian parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, chop (seeded and cut in 1″ pieces)|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the mache salad and lemon vinaigrette|
|Green lettuce||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Finely chop the fresh oregano, garlic and Italian parsley, set aside.
2. Cut the stems and de seed the tomatoes, cut the tomatoes into 1 inch pieces, set aside.
3. Remove the leaves from the thyme stems, set aside.
4. Rinse the green lettuce and set aside.
5. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, Parmesan, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Preheat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat; pour oil and sauté the garlic and parsley, sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
7. Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 2-3 minutes or until they are soft but do not fall apart, sprinkle salt and pepper, give it a stir and transfer it in a bowl to cool.
8. Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat, pour olive oil and spread evenly over the pan, pour the egg mixture and once the eggs begin to set around the edges.
9. Using a spatula push the eggs towards the center, and tilt the pan so that the raw eggs spread in the bar sections, do this step twice.
10. Add the tomatoes on top and reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes or until the frittata is almost set and the bottom has turned golden brown.
11. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove, place a large plate on top and invert the frittata on the large plate.
12. Place the pan back on the stove and medium high heat, slide back the frittata with the top side down and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
13. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove.
14. In a bowl combine lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper, mix well.
15. Place the green lettuce next to the frittata slice on a serving plate and drizzle the lemon vinaigrette on top.
16. Serve a nice slice of the frittata with fresh green leafy green salad on the side.
non-stick frying pan