Viviane demos a scrumptious flatbread pizza with fresh corn and smoked mozzarella. As always she gives lots of tips along the way…
Sundried tomatoes in oil
3 Ounce, slice
4 Ounce, grated
Monterey jack cheese
4 Ounce, grated
1⁄2 Medium, finely chopped
2 Medium, cubed
6 Medium, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
For the garnish
12 Large, chiffonade
1. Slice the sun dried tomatoes lengthwise into 1/8 inch strips, finely chop the red onion, remove the seeds and the vein from the jalapenos and cut them into tiny cubes, set everything aside in separate bowl.
2. Coarsely grate the smoked mozzarella and Monterey jack cheese, set aside in different bowls.
3. Remove the husk and silk threads from the corn, once cleaned cut the corn in the center, and snap it to break it into half.
4. Using a knife shave the kernel off the cone, set aside.
5. Trim the root end of the scallions and cut the leaves, 3 inch from the edge and then finely slice the scallions, set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 475 degree F.
7. Brush the olive oil on the baking pan, place two tortillas on the pan and lightly brush with olive oil.
8. Place the Monterey jack cheese followed by smoked mozzarella, red onions, jalapenos, corn, sun dried tomatoes, scallions finally salt and pepper.
9. Bake in the preheated oven, top rack for 8-10 minutes.
10. Remove the pizza and let it cool, in the meantime pile the basil leaves together and cut into chiffonade about 1/16 inch strips.
11. Place the pizza place it on a serving plate and garnish it with basil and slice it using a pizza cutter.
12. Serve the flat bread pizza along with a good red wine.
Soak the onions in water and vinegar, before chopping, this will de flame the onion and keep the onions fresh even after chopping.
Select a green corn kernel and run your fingers over the kernel so that you know that corn kernel is full.