Chicken Cacciatore With Parsley
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, skinned and cut into 8 pieces, wings discarded (1 Chicken)|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cremini mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (4 Cups)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned diced tomatoes in juice||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Reduced-sodium chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towels. Cut both breast pieces in half.
2. Combine the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on both sides of the chicken pieces. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray an ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, 7-8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with the remaining chicken.
4. Spray the skillet with nonstick spray and set over low heat. Add the shallot and garlic; cook until fragrant. Stir in the mushrooms; cook, stirring, until they begin to release their juices, 7-8 minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the wine, and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broth, and the bay leaf, bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
5. Return the chicken to the skillet, submerge it in the sauce, and bring to a gentle boil. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 45-50 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and sprinkle with the parsley.