Zucchini Fettucine with Marinara Sauce
|Zucchini||2 Medium, grated (noodles (FOR PASTA))|
|Ripe tomato||1 Medium, chopped finely (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Sundried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash (FOR MARINARA SAUCE)|
1. Peel the zucchini. Cut the zucchini into thin noodles using a vegetable spiral slicer.
2. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to create long ribbons, or “fettuccine,” by drawing the peeler down all sides of the zucchini until you reach the core.
3. FOR MARINARA SAUCE: Chop all the vegetables for the marinara sauce and crush the garlic.
4. In a food processor; Place all the ingredients and process until smooth. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
5. In a medium, put the zucchini pasta and marinara sauce.
6. Toss it well to coat all the pasta with the sauce.
7. Take a serving bowl, transfer the pasta and serve it immediately after garnishing it with chopped basil leaves.
8. Warm it by heating only the sauce before mixing it with the pasta and serve it after garnishing it with basil leaves.
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 548.1 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 52.1% Vitamin C 144.6%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet