Meatball subs are really good! We used to sell tons of them at the deli. For this recipe you will need meatballs in marinara sauce, Provolone cheese and shredded Parmesan cheese. You will need a 5 to 6 inch piece of French baguette bread as well. This is a great way to use left over meatballs in marinara sauce!
4 , slit, slightly hollowed
Mozzarella cheese slices
For marinara sauce
1 Medium, chopped
2 , minced
2 , chopped
1. Preheat the oven to desired temperature.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil, add onion, cook for about 10 minutes. Add garlic, cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and oregano, mix well, allow to cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Pour in the tomato sauce, add pepper, salt and sugar, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Line the baguette with mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
5. To the marinara sauce, add meat balls, stuff the baguette with the sauce along with the meat balls. Repeat the process to make several subs.
6. Serve with your choice of beverage and fries.