Just because you're trying to lose weight doesn't mean you have to give up the flavor of comfort food, try this Low Fat Alfredo Sauce recipe. It has all the flavors of a classic Alfredo Sauce yet its good for health. Low Fat Alfredo Sauce is also recommended for our Vegan friends, they too can enjoy this dish.
1⁄2 Large, diced
1⁄2 , diced
1 , diced
4 , chopped
Dry cannellini beans/One 14 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), fully cooked
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and stir to coat; cook until they are just slightly soft.
3. Stir in the eggplant; and cook until just heated through.
4. Add the zucchini and cook until slightly softened.
5. Season with sea salt; stir, cover and cook for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
6. In a blender, place beans and add enough water to cover.
7. Blend until smooth and then add the onions and blend again.
8. Add the yeast, nutmeg and salt and blend one last time.
9. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to taste.
10. Let the sauce sit until the vegetables are cooked.
11. When the vegetables are cooked and become very soft, stir in the chopped kale.
12. Cover and cook until the kale has wilted.
13. Pour the bean sauce over the vegetables; stir to mix your low fat alfredo sauce recipe.
This video is a creation of healthyvegan. You can visit healthyvegan for complete recipes, and more videos.
Have you been dying to prepare the classic alfredo sauce, but were terrified of the calories? This recipe is specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef share her secret recipe to prepare the Classic Alfredo Sauce Low Fat Version. This sauce has all the flavors with a healthy twist. Do not miss it.