Classic Alfredo Sauce Low Fat Version
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Large, diced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggplant||1⁄2 , diced|
|Zucchini||1 , diced|
|Kale stalks||4 , chopped|
|Dry cannellini beans/One 14 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), fully cooked|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and stir to coat; cook until they are just slightly soft.
3. Stir in the eggplant; and cook until just heated through.
4. Add the zucchini and cook until slightly softened.
5. Season with sea salt; stir, cover and cook for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
6. In a blender, place beans and add enough water to cover.
7. Blend until smooth and then add the onions and blend again.
8. Add the yeast, nutmeg and salt and blend one last time.
9. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to taste.
10. Let the sauce sit until the vegetables are cooked.
11. When the vegetables are cooked and become very soft, stir in the chopped kale.
12. Cover and cook until the kale has wilted.
13. Pour the bean sauce over the vegetables; stir to mix your low fat alfredo sauce recipe.
This video is a creation of healthyvegan. You can visit healthyvegan for complete recipes, and more videos.