Grilling a pizza is much like baking one in a very good oven with the added bonus of a rich, smoky flavor. Grill the chicken ahead of time for this recipe so putting it together was a cinch! One word of advise – when grilling a pizza make sure you have all of your ingredients ready and handy. This will ensure perfect success! Enjoy!
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Freshly grated mozzarella cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Heat the charcoal grill.
2. Season the chicken breast with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place on the heated charcoal, cook on indirect heat for about 25 minutes. cut into pieces.
3. In a mixing bowl, place yeast, add warm water, mix and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Add olive oil, mix, add salt and sugar, mix again. Finally add in the flour, mix to form a nice dough. Allow to sit in a warm place for 30 minutes.
5. Grease the grill with olive oil.
6. Transfer the dough to a dusted surface, flatten the dough to get a 8 to 10 inch pizza. Place on the heated grill, flip when done from one side.
7. Spread sauce, arrange the grilled chicken, basil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
Pizzas are amazing food. But buying them every time you wish to eat is a costly affair. So, make it at home. This video shows how to make homemade pizza with the fresh dough and deliciously grilled chicken and other toppings. It can leave the readymade pizza behind.