|Waxy potatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Good Quality)|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, deseeded and chopped (700 Gram)|
|Pitted black olives||2 Ounce, quartered (50 Gram)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Prepare the peppers by halving them lengthwise and removing the stems, seeds, and membranes.
2. Cut the peppers lengthwise into strips about 1 cm /1/2 inch wide. Peel the potatoes and cut into rough dice, about 2.5-3 cm /1-1 1/4 inch across. Cut the onion lengthwise into 8 wedges.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
4. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, or until starting to brown.
5. Add the peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, courgettes, black olives and about 4 torn basil leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Stir the mixture, cover and cook over a very low heat for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but still hold their shape. Garnish with the remaining basil. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately, with chunks of crusty bread.