Chicken Cacciatore Surfers
|Chicken breasts||48 Ounce (4 In Number, 12 Ounce Each)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large, diced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, halved, seeded and diced|
1. Skin, bone and halve the chicken breasts, then separate each half to make 2 thin cutlets.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag; add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and coat well; shake off excess flour.
3. Saute chicken in vegetable oil in a large skillet, turning to brown on both sides; set chicken aside and keep warm.
4. Add the tomatoes, water, onion, sugar, parsley and basil to same pan; simmer, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Place chicken in sauce in a single layer. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
5. Cut a wedge from top of each roll deep enough to hold some sauce. Place pieces of chicken and some sauce in rolls; place on serving plates; spoon remaining sauce over chicken; sprinkle tops with diced green pepper.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3266 Calories from Fat 738
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.5%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 789.3 mg263.1%
Sodium 5151.5 mg214.6%
Total Carbohydrates 255 g84.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.1%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 359 g717.1%
Vitamin A 150.9% Vitamin C 393.2%
Calcium 64.3% Iron 148.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet