|Chicken breasts||36 Ounce, split, skinned and boned (3 Breasts, 12 Ounce Each)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Basil leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, sliced and cut into triangles (1 Package)|
1. Place chicken breasts on cutting board and pound lightly with side of heavy knife or cleaver until about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Combine eggs, salt and pepper. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then crumbs.
3. Heat oil until very hot in a large skillet. Quickly brown chicken on both sides; remove to a shallow baking dish. Pour excess oil from skillet.
4. Stir the tomato sauce, basil and garlic powder into pan; bring to boiling; simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the butter or margarine. Pour over the chicken; sprinkle with Parmesan; cover.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes; uncover.
6. Place mozzarella over chicken. Bake for 10 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3555 Calories from Fat 1910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 216 g332.5%
Saturated Fat 69.7 g348.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1281.2 mg427.1%
Sodium 7776.2 mg324%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 334 g667.6%
Vitamin A 98.3% Vitamin C 73.9%
Calcium 213.7% Iron 95.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet