Risotto Alla Milanese
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound, halved|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Remove bacon with slotted spoon, drain on paper toweling and reserve.
2. Shake chicken livers in a plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper.
3. Brown livers in bacon drippings. Remove with slotted spoon, drain, on paper toweling and reserve.
4. Saute onion in same skillet until soft. (If no fat remains in the skillet, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil). Stir in rice, instant chicken broth, basil, bay leaf and water.
5. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; stir rice mixture well; cover.
6. Simmer 10 minutes. Spoon browned chicken livers over rice. Return cover and simmer 20 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender; remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with reserved bacon and chopped parsley. Garnish with bacon curls, if you wish.