Tuscan Bean Salad
|White beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), dried|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Wash beans. Put in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let soak 1 hour. Drain.
2. Cover beans with fresh water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until tender. Drain.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions, saute about 10 minutes, until light brown. Remove from heat and combine with beans, salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to glass bowl. Chill at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2109 Calories from Fat 982
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.1%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2988.2 mg124.5%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72%
Dietary Fiber 53.1 g212.6%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 75 g150.9%
Vitamin A 50.8% Vitamin C 106.9%
Calcium 85.6% Iron 197.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet