Tuscan Bean Salad
|White beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), dried|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Wash beans. Put in a saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let soak 1 hour. Drain.
2. Cover beans with fresh water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until tender. Drain.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions, saute about 10 minutes, until light brown. Remove from heat and combine with beans, salt and pepper.
4. Transfer to glass bowl. Chill at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and serve cold.