Microwaved Veal Parmigiana
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Veal cutlets/Boneless round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1/2-inch thick|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, or shredded|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat microwave browning grill for 8 minutes on HIGH.
2. Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs on wax paper. Beat egg in shallow bowl. Cut veal into serving pieces. Dip veal pieces in egg; coat with crumbs.
3. Spray surface of preheated grill with non-stick vegetable coating or grease lightly. Place coated veal on grill; add chopped onion at edge of grill.
4. Microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH. Turn veal pieces over and continue cooking for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, on HIGH, or until tender.
5. Place veal and onions in shallow 1 1/2-quart glass casserole. Top with cheese, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cover with glass lid or wax paper.
6. Microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, on HIGH, or until bubbly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking for 1 minute on HIGH.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1638 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.6%
Saturated Fat 34.2 g171%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 894.7 mg298.2%
Sodium 3643 mg151.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 208 g415.3%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 53.2%
Calcium 145% Iron 29.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet