|Eggplant||1 Large, peeled|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaf||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
1. Preheat microwave browning grill for 5 minutes on HIGH.
2. Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch slices. Dip each slice into beaten egg; coat with crumbs.
3. Place about half of slices on preheated grill.
4. Microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH. Turn slices over and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, on HIGH, or until just about tender. Place slices in 2 1/2-quart glass casserole.
5. Reheat microwave browning grill for 2 1/2 minutes on HIGH. Add remaining slices to grill and cook as directed.
6. Combine tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and oregano. Spoon half of mixture over eggplant in casserole. Top with half of cheese. Add remaining eggplant slices, sauce and cheese. Cover with glass lid.
7. Microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, on HIGH, or until bubbly throughout.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1361 Calories from Fat 579
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101%
Saturated Fat 34 g169.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 602.1 mg200.7%
Sodium 2102 mg87.6%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.3%
Sugars 40.2 g
Protein 81 g162.8%
Vitamin A 89.8% Vitamin C 110.9%
Calcium 141.8% Iron 57.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet