Italian Hamburger Heaven
|Chuck||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Salad oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried parsley flakes||10 Gram|
|Canned tomatoes||17 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Wide noodles||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Large curd creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce (1 cup, 1 container)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄3 Pound, thinly sliced|
1. In large skillet or electric fry pan, combine chuck, salad oil, garlic, parsley flakes, basil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook until meat loses its red color; drain, if needed.
2. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; simmer, uncovered, until thick about 1 hour stirring mixture occasionally.
3. Cook noodles until tender as package label directs. Meanwhile, mix cottage cheese, beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons parsley flakes, and Parmesan cheese in bowl; set aside.
4. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
5. Place half of noodles evenly in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Cover with half of cottage-cheese mixture. Top with half of Mozzarella, then half of meat sauce. Repeat noodle, cottage-cheese, Mozzarella, and meat-sauce layers.
6. Bake 30 minutes, or until hot.