Betty's Essential Fresh Garden Salad
|Salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Boston Lettuce, Iceberg Lettuce, Spinach - Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Whole cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||20 Gram (Optional)|
|Boston lettuce leaves||20 Gram (Optional)|
|Cucumber slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushroom slices||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (whole)|
|Dressing/Good seasons italian dressing, made according to instructions on packet||4 Tablespoon (Bottled - Catalina)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian dressing mix||1 Ounce|
1. Chop the lettuce.
2. Cut the green pepper into fingers.
3. Slice cucumber and mushrooms.
4. In a large mixing bowl place lettuce, spinach, cucumber, mushroom, tomatoes and toss.
5. For the dressing, take a jar, place peanut oil, vinegar, water and Good Seasons Italian dressing, close the lid and shake.
6. Pour the prepared dressing onto the salad.
7. Serve with bread sticks and butter.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.7%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 141.6 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 71%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet