These non-dairy twice-baked cookies go hand-in-hand with hot chocolate, tea or coffee.
Whole wheat pastry flour
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), mixture of maple syrup and agave nectar
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Unsweetened apple sauce
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For chocolate coating
Non dairy chocolate chips
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1.Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl mix sweetener, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
4. Pour the sweetener mixture into the flour mixture, mix to make a stiff dough.
5. Divide the dough into two parts, place it on a non stick cookie sheet and shape them into 3 inch wide and 1/2 inch thick loafs.
6. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, until it turns golden brown.Transfer to a cooling rack. allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
7. Cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch slices, transfer to the cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 350F for another 15 to 20 minutes.
9. In a bowl place the chocolate chips and the safflower oil.
10. In a pan, boil water, place the bowl of chocolate chips on the pan, lower the heat and cook stirring until the chocolate melts.
11. Transfer the biscotti to a cooling rack. When the cookies are cool enough to touch, dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. Place them upside down on the cooling rack, allow to cool until the chocolate sets.
12. Serve as a finger food or snack with your choice of beverage.
The biscotti ban be stored in a freezer bag, and stored for about 1 to 2 months.
Have you ever tried dairy free biscotti? Don’t think it’s possible? Well, think again! Here is a dairy-free recipe for hazelnut biscotti!! A really great recipe that requires a little effort, but the end result looks sooo great!