Pan Seared Polenta With Mediterranean Vegetables
|Eggplant||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled|
|Roasted red bell peppers||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||2 Small, sliced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes with basil||1 Can (10 oz) (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Polenta||17 Ounce, cut in 8 slices (1 Tube)|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1. Sprinkle eggplant with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a colander; let stand 30 minutes. Rinse well; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Drain roasted bell peppers; cut peppers into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, zucchini, and onion; saute 8 minutes. Add garlic and roasted bell pepper; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, vinegar, and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Wipe pan with paper towels, and heat over medium-high heat. Coat polenta with cooking spray; add to pan. Sear on each side 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
5. Place 2 slices of polenta on each of 4 plates; top evenly with eggplant mixture, basil, pine nuts, and cheese.