|Okra||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Pitted prunes||3⁄4 Pound (About 40)|
|Yellow onions||1 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Dried apricots||1⁄4 Pound (About 16)|
|Hot red pepper||1 Medium (Fresh Or Dried)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled|
|White wine vinegar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Provolone cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
1. Wash and trim the okra and pack the pods vertically into a 3-quart canning jar.
2. Toss the prunes with the onion slices and place the mixture on top of the okra. Place the apricots on top of the prunes and onions and tuck the thyme sprig, red pepper and garlic cloves down into the jar.
3. In a nonreactive saucepan, combine 3 cups of water with the vinegar, coriander seeds, sugar, salt and bay leaves, and bring to a rolling boil.
4. Pour the boiling liquid into the jar, filling it to the top. Let cool, then close the jar tightly and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days to allow the flavors to develop.
5. Accompany each serving with 1 ounce of provolone and 2 breadsticks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2931 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118.4%
Saturated Fat 40.7 g203.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.5 mg52.2%
Sodium 3237.9 mg134.9%
Total Carbohydrates 452 g150.8%
Dietary Fiber 77.1 g308.4%
Sugars 178.7 g
Protein 103 g206.1%
Vitamin A 318.7% Vitamin C 559.5%
Calcium 282.6% Iron 155.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet