|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind/Any other kind of orange||1 (Blood Orange)|
|Finely chopped candied fruit||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 , well beaten (At Room Temperature)|
1. Brush a 6-cup spumone (or other ice cream) mold or round bottomed bowl well with vegetable oil.
2. Fold the rind, candied fruit, almonds, liqueur, and vanilla into the whipped cream. Place in the refrigerator.
3. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture starts to become syrupy.
4. With an electric mixer at high speed, pour the syrup in a steady stream into the eggs, beating constantly. When all of the syrup has been incorporated, beat the mixture over ice until cold.
5. Fold the egg mixture into the chilled whipped cream and turn into the mold. Freeze overnight.
6. Unmold the spumone by dipping it in tepid or lukewarm water. Be very careful not to use water any hotter than tepid, as this will cause the ingredients to separate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2742 Calories from Fat 1722
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g298.4%
Saturated Fat 73.4 g367.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1597.7 mg532.6%
Sodium 560.1 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g67%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 155.1 g
Protein 49 g98.1%
Vitamin A 101.5% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 41.5% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet