Whole Wheat Calzone
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Provolone cheese slices||3|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||3|
|Sausages||100 Gram, par cooked|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, sliced and chopped|
|Banana pepper||1 Tablespoon, sliced and chopped|
|Black olives||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
2. In a mixing bowl, place yeast, add warm water, stir to mix.
3. Add olive oil(2 tablespoon), salt and honey, allow to sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add flour ad knead to a smooth dough and dab some olive oil(1/4 tablespoon). Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to sit for 60 minutes.
5. On a dusted surface, place the dough. Stretch half of the dough to make a circle, dust your hands with flour if required.
6. In the center of the circle, place ricotta cheese , spread pizza sauce, place provolone cheese slices, mozzarella cheese slices, sausages, black olives, scallion and banana pepper.
7. To close, fold into half and seal the edges.
8. Using a knife, make about 4 to 5 cuts on the top of the cal-zone, drizzle some olive oil (1/4 tablespoon).
9. Bake at 425F for 25 minutes.
10. Serve with your choice of beverage.