Chicken Cacciatore With Granda'S Tomato Sauce
|Chicken thighs||5 Pound, skinned and fat-trimmed (16 Pieces)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, rinsed, drained, and quartered|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Quart (Grandma'S)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt cured olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted|
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1/2 the chicken and brown well, 6 to 8 minutes total. As thighs are browned, transfer to a foil pan (8 to 9 in. square). Add 1 more tablespoon oil to frying pan and repeat to brown remaining chicken. Transfer to another foil pan (8 to 9 in. square).
3. To frying pan, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the onions, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, and parsley. Stir often over medium-high heat until vegetables are limp, 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often; reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 20 minutes to blend flavors.
5. Add olives to sauce. Let cool to room temperature, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Pour evenly over chicken in pans.
6. Seal pans with foil, and freeze.
7. Thaw 1 pan. Bake, covered, in a 375° oven until chicken is no longer pink at bone (cut to test), 1 to 1 1/4 hours.