Manicotti Alla Bolognese
|Manicotti||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Meat loaf mixture||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Cheddar cheese sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook manicotti noodles, a few at a time, following label directions; lift out carefully with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl of cold water until ready to use.
2. Shape meat-loaf mixture into a large patty in a large skillet; brown for 5 minutes on each side, then break up into small pieces; remove with a slotted spoon to a medium-size bowl.
3. Saute onion and garlic until soft in drippings in skillet. Add to cooked meat with bread crumbs, egg, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, mixing until well blended.
4. Lift manicotti noodles from water, one at a time; drain well. Fill each with part of the meat mixture, using a long-handled spoon.
5. Pour half the hot cheddar cheese sauce into the bottom of a shallow 12-cup flameproof dish. Place filled manicotti over cheese sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
6. Broil, 4 inches from heat, about 5 minutes or until golden and bubbly.