Veal Scaloppine Marsala
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Thin sliced veal cutlets||2 Ounce (8 Pieces)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fat free lower sodium chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Marsala wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and add enough boiling water to cover by 1 inch. Let stand until softened, about 10-15 minutes; drain and chop.
2. Place the flour on a sheet of wax paper. Working one at a time, coat the veal cutlets with flour, shaking off excess. Place the cutlets on a large plate; reserve any remaining flour.
3. Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 cutlets to the skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes on each side; transfer to a clean plate. Add 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil to the skillet and repeat with the remaining cutlets.
4. Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in any remaining flour and cook for 15 seconds. Stir in the broth and Marsala; bring to a boil and cook until the mixture starts to thicken, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Return the veal cutlets to the skillet. Turn them to coat with the sauce and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg15%
Sodium 1080.8 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet