|Italian sweet sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Hot italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Large, diced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely minced|
|Carrots||1 Bunch (100 gm), diced|
|Zucchini||3 Medium, sliced|
|Canned italian style tomatoes||28 Ounce (Including Liquid, 1 Can)|
|Beef bouillon||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, finely shredded|
|Canned white kidney beans||16 Ounce (Including Liquid, 1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||16 Ounce (Including Liquid, 1 Can)|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated (For Garnish)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
1) In a large stockpot, heat olive oil and brown and scramble both sausages.
2) Stir in the onions, garlic, carrots, and basil in the sausage mixture cook 5 minutes.
3) Mix in zucchini, tomatoes (with liquid), bouillon, cabbage, salt, and pepper.
4) Allow the sausage mixture to boil.
5) Reduce the heat, put the lid on, and simmer for 1 hour.
6) Add beans (with liquid) and rice.
7) Cook for 20 minutes or until the sausages are tender.
8) If the sausage mixture in too thick add more bouillon if desired.
9) Serve Italian Minestrone hot in soup bowl, garnished with cheese and parsley.