Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream, Walnuts and Rocket
|For the gnocchi|
|Floury potatoes||750 Gram|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Plain flour||125 Gram|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||50 Gram, grated|
|For the gorgonzola cream|
|Single cream||250 Milliliter|
|Gorgonzola cheese||125 Gram, crumbled|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For the garnish|
|Chopped walnuts||50 Gram, toast|
|Rocket leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash and clean the potatoes but to not peel them.
2. Chop the walnuts, set aside.
3. In a large pot pour water and add the potatoes with salt and bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes pour out 4 cm of water and reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the potatoes for additional 20 minutes.
5. Once the potatoes are done peel and mash the potatoes, allow it to cool.
6. In a bowl combine mashed potatoes with little bit of the flour, egg yolks and season with salt and pepper.
7. Mix everything well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
8. Transfer the dough on a worktop and knead it, divide the dough into 4 pieces and then roll each piece for form a log.
9. Once done cut into small pieces and form small balls, dust a fork with flour and score the gnocchi with fork.
10. Place them on a lightly flour dusted baking tray, set aside.
11. In a saucepan pour cream and crumble in blue cheese, bring it to a boil and then simmer until the sauce thickens.
12. Season with pepper and nutmeg to taste.
13. In the meantime toast the walnuts and set aside.
14. In a pot pour water and salt, bring it to a boil, and add the gnocchi in batches.
15. Once the gnocchi floats on the surface then it’s time to remove them.
16. Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place it on the serving plate.
17. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, place it in the oven for few minutes, until golden and bubbly.
18. Once done remove the plate from the oven and garnish the gnocchi with walnuts and rocket leaves.
19. Serve the gnocchi hot.