A simple saute of fresh clams, bacon, tomatoes and herbs.
1 Pound, washed
2 , chop
2 Tablespoon, chop
1 Clove (5 gm), mince
2 Tablespoon, mince
Basil vinaigrette dressing
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut bacon in small pieces and heat in a pan to render out some of the fat.
2. Add minced garlic to bacon and add minced white onions and stir. Add a little extra virgin olive oil.
3. Put in the clams inside the pan of bacon. Add basil vinaigrette and add fresh home canned tomato.
4. Add half of the chopped parsley and some kosher salt, black pepper and add Italian seasoning.
5. Add some more tomato water if needed.
6. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until the clams crack open.
7. Place the clams and bacon along with the juice in a plate.
8. Garnish the dish with some freshly chopped parsley.