Thick slices of rustic Italian bread, grilled and drizzled with fine olive oil and coarse sea salt. The perfect accompanyment to a glass of wine. It reminds me of a salty, soft pretzel.
Crusted bread slices
8 Medium (like Italian Pugliese bread; as required)
Extra virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoon (as required)
To Taste, coarse (as required)
1. Slice the bread into 3/4 inch thick slices.
2. Place them on the grill. Flip once one side is cooked and drizzle olive oil over it generously.
3. Repeat this with the other side as well.
4. Once both sides are done, remove from the grill and sprinkle coarse sea salt.
5. In a serving platter, serve the toast warm with choice of wine or as it is.
A simple grilled bread recipe by Robin that can be served as a side to most grilled dishes and a glass of wine. As simple as it can get, it is a total outdoor dish which you can enjoy making with a group of friends right on your deck. Watch the video, call over friends and have a fun grilling session.