Pasta E Fagioli
|Bacon strip/1 tablespoon olive oil||4 , chopped|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped/pressed|
|Ginger slice||1 , finely chopped|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned chunky style tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dried rosemary/1 tablespoon fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Medium-Sized Shaped Such As Penne, Rigatoni, Or Conchiglie)|
1. Cook the bacon in a stockpot over medium-low heat until rendered of all fat. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Remove the bacon from pan and reserve it for later use. Or, if you are not using bacon, heat oil over medium-low heat.
2. Place the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and ginger in the pot, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Add the crushed red pepper flakes, tomatoes, and stock. If you are using dried rosemary, add it now. Raise heat to medium high and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour.
4. Add the beans and reserved bacon and cook until heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
5. While the beans are cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the pasta until al dente and drain. Just before serving, add pasta to bean mixture and sprinkle with fresh rosemary, if desired.