CASSOELA is a typical Northern Italian dish, from Lombardia region.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 (Curly Cabbage)
Cooking white wine
1. First prepare all the ingredients. Cut all the vegetables such as the carrots, celery and the curly cabbage. You may also prepare the onions and the skin of the pork, just slice it in normal way.
2. After everything is done. Prepare your large cooking pot and make it hot.
3. Once hot, put the OLIVE OIL.
4. After the olive oil and once it’s ready, sauteed the CHOPPED ONIONS, followed by the CARROTS, CELERY and COOKING WINE.
5. Then leave for at least 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add the MIXED PART of the PORK, SALCICIA, SKIN of the PORK and the 2PCs. BROTH CUBES. Mix them well and let simmer for at least 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, start to put the CURLY CABBAGE until evrything is mix inside. Then wait for at least 1hour until the meat is tender and until the curly cabbage will be smash and looks creamy.
8. After 1hour or more, the CASSOELA is now ready to serve.
Here is part 2 of the cassoeula video series for all those who understand Filipino. Here the lady chef showcases the prepared dish and along with this provides some quick tips to keep in mind. All said, but the chef could have easily shown the entire preparation in one video, for higher impact!
Cassoeula Part 2 – Presentation & Tips Recipe Video