CASSOELA is a typical Northern Italian dish, from Lombardia region...
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 (Curly Cabbage)
Cooking white wine
2 (Vegetable Flavor)
1. First prepare all the ingredients. Cut all the vegetables such as the carrots, celery and the curly cabbage. You may also prepare the onions and the skin of the pork, just slice it in normal way.
2. After everything is done. Prepare your large cooking pot and make it hot.
3. Once hot, put the OLIVE OIL.
4. After the olive oil and once it’s ready, sauteed the CHOPPED ONIONS, followed by the CARROTS, CELERY and COOKING WINE.
5. Then leave for at least 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add the MIXED PART of the PORK, SALCICIA, SKIN of the PORK and the 2PCs. BROTH CUBES. Mix them well and let simmer for at least 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, start to put the CURLY CABBAGE until evrything is mix inside. Then wait for at least 1hour until the meat is tender and until the curly cabbage will be smash and looks creamy.
8. After 1hour or more, the CASSOELA is now ready to serve.
Are you planning a family get together and need a nice and super delicious supper idea. Then do not miss out this cassoeula video series. The chef has bifurcated the videos in 2 parts-In this video she shows ingredients and also provides step by step instructions to make a perfect Cassoeula combined with pork and white wine. Also see part 2 for some quick tips on presentation.
Cassoeula Part 1 – Preparing The Dish Recipe Video