Italian Cheese Toast
|Half and half||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned anchovy fillets||1 Ounce, drained and chopped (Half 2 Ounce Can)|
|Italian bread slices||1 (8 Inch Thick Diagonal Slices)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 Package)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare anchovy sauce: In 2-quart saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients. Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; stir in capers; cover sauce and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. For easier handling, place four 16-ounce broiler-safe ramekins in jelly-roll pan.
3. In each ramekin, place 2 bread slices in 1 layer. Broil bread 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
4. Remove jelly-roll pan from broiler. Arrange cheese slices, overlapping slightly, on bread; broil just until cheese melts.
5. Spoon warm anchovy sauce evenly over cheese. Garnish servings with chopped parsley.constantly (do not boil or mixture may separate).