|Pound cake mix||17 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Almond Flavored)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||6|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant espresso coffee powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling||5 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and chopped|
1. Prepare cake mix as label directs for 9" by 5" loaf pan; cool completely.
2. Line 2 1/2-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Cut cake into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut each slice diagonally in half to make 2 triangles. Sprinkle liqueur over triangles. Line bowl bottom and side with triangles, making sure that there are no spaces between triangles and that bowl is completely covered. Reserve remaining triangles.
3. In heavy 1-quart saucepan over low heat, melt 4 squares chocolate; cool slightly. Coarsely grate remaining 2 squares chocolate.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1 1/4 cups heavy cream and 2 teaspoons instant espresso-coffee powder until soft peaks form. In large bowl, prepare instant pudding as label directs, but use only 2 1/4 cups milk. Fold whipped cream and almond extract into pudding. Fold in grated chocolate.
5. Spread two-thirds of cream mixture to cover cake in bowl. Fold melted chocolate into remaining cream mixture; use to fill center of dessert. Top dessert with remaining cake triangles. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
6. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar, remaining heavy cream, and 2 tea spoons instant espresso until soft peaks form.
7. Unmold dessert onto chilled platter; discard plastic wrap. Frost dessert with whipped-cream mixture; sprinkle chopped almonds on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5595 Calories from Fat 2423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 275 g423.6%
Saturated Fat 162.4 g812.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 708.5 mg236.2%
Sodium 6125.5 mg255.2%
Total Carbohydrates 758 g252.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.3%
Sugars 496 g
Protein 65 g130.2%
Vitamin A 151.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 163.7% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet