|Beef top round steaks||3 Pound (Each 1/4 Inch Thick, About 3/4 Pound Each, 4 Pieces)|
|Sweet italian sausage links/1 pound pork-sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Lightly packed celery leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White bread slice||2 , crumbled|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Carrots||4 Large, cut into 2 inch by 1/2 strips|
|Dry red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti/Linguine||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. On cutting board, with meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each steak to about 1/8 inch thickness. Overlap long edges of two steaks to make one large one. Pound overlap as flat as possible. Remove casings from sausage links. Spread steaks with thin layer of half of sausage meat. Top with half of celery leaves and half of bread crumbs. Starting at narrow end, roll steaks, jelly-roll fashion, and tie securely with string. Repeat with remaining steaks, sausage, celery leaves, and bread crumbs.
2. In 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, in hot olive oil, cook steak rolls until well browned on all sides; remove from Dutch oven to large platter; set aside.
3. In remaining oil in Dutch oven, cook onion, garlic, and carrots 5 minutes. Stir in tomato puree, broth, red wine, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Return steak rolls to Dutch oven; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until steak rolls are fork-tender.
4. During last 30 minutes steak rolls are cooking, cook spaghetti as label directs. Drain; place in warm large bowl.
5. Remove meat rolls to cutting board; remove strings; cut meat rolls crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices; arrange on warm large platter. Pour some sauce from Dutch oven over meat slices; serve remainder in gravy boat with spaghetti.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6425 Calories from Fat 2221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.7%
Saturated Fat 26.3 g131.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg45.4%
Sodium 6375 mg265.6%
Total Carbohydrates 470 g156.6%
Dietary Fiber 22.2 g88.9%
Sugars 51.5 g
Protein 562 g1124%
Vitamin A 1005.6% Vitamin C 98.3%
Calcium 67.9% Iron 139.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet