|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
1. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Cool potatoes until easy to handle; peel and mash.
2. In same saucepan over medium heat, heat reserved liquid, salt, and 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (1/2 stick) until butter or margarine melts and mixture boils. Remove from heat; stir in flour all at once. Beat in eggs, mashed potatoes, and 1/4 cup cheese. Chill mixture 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
3. With floured hands, shape 1 tablespoon potato mixture into 2-inch oval. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. In 12-inch skillet over high heat, heat 1 inch water to boiling. Carefully add potato ovals, half at a time; simmer 5 minutes or until dumplings are puffy and tender and rise to the top. With slotted spoon, remove dumplings to paper towels to drain.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Carefully place dumplings in 13" by 9" baking dish. In small saucepan over low heat, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter or margarine . Drizzle melted butter or margarine over dumplings; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake 20 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2004 Calories from Fat 1072
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.4%
Saturated Fat 73.5 g367.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 715.9 mg238.6%
Sodium 2365.7 mg98.6%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 61 g121.6%
Vitamin A 72.2% Vitamin C 227.2%
Calcium 106.1% Iron 59.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet