Linguine With Shrimp And Clam Sauce
|Clams||2 Dozen, shucked, with liquid reserved (Cherrystone / Littleneck)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound|
|Linguine||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Dice clams; set aside. Clam liquid may besandy at times; let liquid stand awhile in small bowl until sand settles to bottom. Then, carefully pour liquid into measuring cup, discarding sand in bottom. Add water to clam liquid if necessary to make 1 cup; set aside.
2. Shell and devein shrimp; reserve shells. Cut shrimp into small pieces.
3. In saucepot, prepare linguine as label directs; drain. Return to saucepot; keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat clam liquid, shrimp shells, and sherry to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove shrimp shells; discard. Pour mixture into small bowl; set aside.
5. To same saucepan, add butter or margarine, olive oil, and garlic; cook over medium-low heat until garlic is lightly browned. With slotted spoon, remove garlic; discard. Stir in clam-liquid mixture, clams, and shrimp; over high heat, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Add parsley; cook 1 minute. Add salt to taste. Serve sauce over linguine.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1985 Calories from Fat 798
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.1%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g156.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 671.4 mg223.8%
Sodium 1125.2 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 136 g271.3%
Vitamin A 110% Vitamin C 180.7%
Calcium 45.4% Iron 442.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet