2 (2 Vanilla Beans Added To 2 Tablespoons Sugar And Kept For A Week.)
750 Milliliter (Everclear Or A High Quality Vodka Will Do If You Can't Find It)
900 Milliliter (2 Cans)
5 Cup (80 tbs)
1 Zest the lemons using a lemon zester or the fine groove side of a grater.
2. Place the zest and the Everclear in a glass jar and allow to infuse in a dark, cool place for a week.
3. After a week has passed strain the liquid through a fine cheesecloth into a very large glass, stainless steel, or ceramic bowl.
4 In a large sauce pan, warm the evaporated milk, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla bean sugar over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until dissolved.
5. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature (this will take a few hours).
6. Discard the vanilla bean pieces (wash it and save it for another use) and strain the mixture through the cheesecloth.
7. Combine the Everclear infusion with the sweet milk and stir together.
8. Pass through a colander lined with cheesecloth to catch any solids.
9. Funnel into bottles and store in the freezer. Be sure to leave room in the bottles for the mixture to expand if it freezes to avoid an explosion.
10 Use within six months. Serve small amounts in chilled glasses.