Italian Sausage Bake
|Tomato sauce/About 10 diced roma tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can, Unseasoned)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large (Add To Taste)|
|Fresh basil||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green peppers/Red peppers||4|
|Sausage/Other brand sweet italian sausage||5 Pound (Csesina)|
|Unseasoned tomato sauce/About 10 diced roma tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Use Fresh)|
|Onion||1 Large (Not Sweet! And Feel Free To Add More)|
|Pepper||4 (Red Or Green)|
1. Start by browning about 5 pounds of sausage on a baking sheet in the oven at a temp of about 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile start your sauce on the stove. Over medium heat cooked tomatoes (or can of sauce), crushed or diced garlic, bay leaves, and salt and pepper. As sauce cooks down, add fresh chopped basil. Do not allow sauce to cook down all the way – it still needs to be very liquid before the bake.
3. Once sausage is browned, transfer to a deep dish or pan (big enough to accommodate all sausage and sauce). Make sure pan is covered with a lid or tin foil. Stick back in the oven to cook.
4. Let cook for at least 20 minutes before checking on mixture.
5. When sauce is almost cooked down, add chopped peppers and onions (thus to not overcook).
6. Leave in for another ten minutes or so, and then take out, allow to cool down, and enjoy!
Calories 1273 Calories from Fat 913
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.7%
Saturated Fat 33.4 g167%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 272.1 mg90.7%
Sodium 2523.6 mg105.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A 64.8% Vitamin C 191.1%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet