Italian Tomato Tofu Bruschetta
|Red onion||1⁄4 , chopped, separate into two piles|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon (Cholula)|
|Extra firm tofu||2 Ounce, cut lengthwise|
|Roma tomato||1 , sliced lengthwise|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast bread.
3. In a sauté pan heat olive oil, garlic and half of the chopped red onions.
4. Take piece of tofu and rub seasoning on both sides.
5. Place tofu in sauté pan, cook on each side for four minutes, or until brown and crispy on the outside.
6. When tofu is ready take the toast and spread pesto all over toast.
7. Place Vegan cheese slice on top of the pesto, take garlic and onions and pour on top of that.
8. Put toast, tofu, cheese, and sauteed onions into the oven until cheese warms up and begins to melt for about 5 minutes.
9. Take toast out of the oven, top it with sliced tomato, other half of sliced red onion, veganaise, and cholula.
10. Serve for breakfast or as an appetizer.
For more information please visit: http://www.eat-me-tv.com
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 468.8 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet