Italian Style Sausage and Pepper Calzone
|Pizza dough||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Recipe)|
|Italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Green pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella||1 Pound, sliced 1 inch thick|
1. In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the sausage using about 1
tablespoon of the olive oil. cook until fat is rendered and the meat has
turned to a brown color about ten minutes. drain the meat and set aside
for later use.
2. In the same pan, place the olive oil, peppers, onions and oregano and cook
until soft about seven to ten minutes. Add the sausage back to the pan and
continue to cook another two minutes, set aside to cool.
3. On a floured work surface place the dough and with your finger tips flatten
by stretching and pressing to about 1/8 inch.
4. In the center of the dough place about two cups of the sausage and peppers
mixture topping with the sliced fresh mozzarella.
5. Fold the dough to form a semi-circle fold the edges together and crimp
make small slices on the top to allow for steam to release.
6. Brush with an egg wash and bake for twenty minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Calories 1795 Calories from Fat 1079
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186%
Saturated Fat 55.2 g275.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 358.2 mg119.4%
Sodium 3509.5 mg146.2%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.1%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 99 g197.7%
Vitamin A 69.2% Vitamin C 210.3%
Calcium 133.7% Iron 57.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet