|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint|
|Frozen strawberries||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pistachio ice cream||1 Pint|
|Chopped candied melon||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped candied orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
1. You need three bowls of various sizes.
2. Start with the white layer: Stir the ice cream until soft and flavor with rum or brandy. Place the ice cream in the largest bowl. Press a medium size bowl into the ice cream, press hard, and place in the freezer.
3. When the vanilla ice cream is hard mix the red layer: Slice the strawberries. Mix with the strawberry ice cream. Remove medium bowl from the vanilla ice cream. Place strawberry ice cream on top of vanilla and press in with the smallest bowl. Place in freezer till it sets.
4. Mix the pistachio ice cream with the candied fruits. Remove the smallest bowl and place pistachio ice cream on top of strawberry ice cream. Place in the freezer till it sets.
5. Lower the bowl in warm water to remove the Cassata.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2443 Calories from Fat 757
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.4%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 288 mg96%
Sodium 681.6 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 371 g123.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.1 g104.6%
Sugars 301.9 g
Protein 42 g84.6%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 338%
Calcium 73.4% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet