|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Small, chopped|
|Veal shank||3 Pound, sliced into 1 inch rounds|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Rub the veal slices with salt and pepper and coat them in flour. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and brown veal. Use more oil as needed. Set aside.
2. Pour the wine in the skillet and reduce to half over high heat.
3. In a casserole heat 1/4 cup oil and saute onion, celery, carrots, and garlic till slightly colored.
4. Place meat in casserole over vegetables. Pour wine on top. Add tomatoes, stock, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, leek, and peppercorns. Simmer for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours till meat is tender.
5. Taste and correct seasonings. Remove meat from casserole and strain sauce. Return meat and sauce to casserole and add lemon juice, garlic, and parsley. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.