Beef & Spinach Minestrone - Slow Cooked Style
|Boneless beef chuck roast||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 Package)|
|Pan searing flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Pure olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Cut minestrone soup vegetables||16 Ounce, cleaned (1 Package, Food You Feel Good About)|
|Beef stock||32 Ounce (1 Carton, Food You Feel Good About, Culinary Stock)|
|Canned italian diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Wegman'S)|
|Seasoned tomato sauce||24 Ounce (1 Package, Italian Classics, Prepared Foods)|
|Soup pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dry Italian Classics Ditalini)|
|Ditalini soup pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dry Italian Classics)|
|Canned garbanzo beans||15 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 Can, Italian Classics)|
|Baby spinach||6 Ounce (1 Package, Food You Feel Good About)|
1. Dust beef with pan-searing flour; pat off excess.
2. Heat oil in large braising pan on MEDIUM-HIGH until oil faintly smokes. Add beef; sear 10 min until all sides are paper-bag brown.
3. Transfer beef to slow cooker; don't discard pan drippings. Add vegetables to pan with beef drippings; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, 3 min; add to slow cooker.
4. Add stock, tomatoes, and sauce to slow cooker. Cover, cook 4 1/2 -6 hours on HIGH or 8-10 hours on LOW.
5. Add dry pasta and beans 30 minutes before end of cooking on HIGH (45 minutes before end of cooking on LOW).
6. Add spinach to slow cooker; stir to blend well. Allow spinach to lightly wilt, about 2 min.